Season eight of Grey’s Anatomy is developed by Shonda Rhimes, started on September 22, 2011, with a special two-hour episode, and go on up to next year spring May 19,2012. Dempsey stated that, “It will be my last. I do not know about the other characters. But for me it’s over”. Again these seasons will consist of 24 episodes. Premiere is “Free Falling”. So many casts are there. Main casts are
· Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang
· James Pickens, jr. as Richard Webber
· Eric Dane as Mark Sloan
· Ellen pompeo as Meredith Grey
· Kim Raver as Teddy Altman
· Sarah Drew as April Kepner etc.
· Daniel Sunjata as Nurse Eli
· Scott Foley as Henry Burton
· Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren etc
No of episodes-
1. Free Falling- this topic is written by Tony Phelan & Joan Rater. In the first hour, “free falling”, the fifth year residents return for first day of a year that will break their careers. In the middle of Seattle a giant sinkhole opens up, causing to step up as chief resident. Cristiana and Owen have yet to see eye to eye regarding their different feelings for their unexpected pregnancy or unborn child. For a last minute surgery, Chief Webber brings Henry, alarming teddy.
2. She’s gone- the sinkhole crisis appears when Meredith and Derek continue their unstable relationship. Cristina makes a decision about her unexpected pregnancy.
3. Take the lead- Cristina and Owen makes a career- changing decision that try to help in their unstable relation become stable. But it’s not a very easy process. The 5th year residents perform their first solo surgeries, April adapts their new role.
4. What is it about men- this episode is directed by Tom Verica.chief makes a career changing decision. Ben returns and bailey doubtful of his arrival. Ben fills that she has finally moved on.
Next two episodes are “love, loss and legacy” it will broadcast on October 13, 2011, and next episode “poker face” will broadcast on October 20, 2011.